Why is this such a big thing

Even before the last few weeks my girlfriend has brought up the prospect of having children, I never saw myself as a father, I am not sure why, any other girl who brought this up I would have instantly told them a hard no. This girlfriend is different, I can spend 2 weeks on holidays with her and enjoy her company the whole time, if there is a right person to be with it is definitely her, if there is ever a right person to have a child with it is definitely her.

But even with that I just never saw myself having a child, I am not sure why, is it the feeling of being tied down, of less flexibility in doing what I want whenever I want? Is it the holidays, motorbike trips, adventures that I can't do with a child? I am sure this is a new adventure in it's own right, but it is definitely going to be different. Am I just scared of change?

Or is it the time commitment? Realisticly 18 years where more of my time is going to be devoted to selflessness instead of just being focused on what I want to do, as I have been for the last 37 years is a big commitment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timing

The shock of finding out your girlfriend is pregnant